Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Ruth, A True Missionary Wife

From time to time, people ask how Ruth is doing. They ask about her shoulder, her Spanish and how she is adapting to her new life in Peru.

First, her shoulder is fine. She faithfully finished all her therapy, has no more pain from the surgery and has full use of her arm. Thank you so much for praying. We thank the Lord for a good physician and therapist. All Ruth's hard work and faithfulness in exercising paid off.

Each week she has a tutor come to the house to work on her Spanish. Her teacher is Ana Conde.
Ana is a believer and works very well with Ruth.

Ruth has learned a lot more Spanish since arriving in Peru and continues to work hard at it. Learning a second language is a life-long task. I (Stan) still work at it.
Ruth feels at home in Lima and loves working with the children in LurĂ­n.
They are starving for love and Ruth does well loving on them.
She does a fine job leading the singing during the children's hour. She shines when it comes to crafts.
A spider that Ruth taught the children to make in Sunday School.

I think Ruth is the craft queen of all children's ministries. It amazes me how she is so creative!
Ruth loves the fellowship time with our missionary colleagues.
My Sweetheart keeps me laughing. She likes to have a good time and keeps the home atmosphere light.
Ruth does a lot of behind the scenes jobs that no one ever notices (except the Lord).
I just want to express my gratitude to the Lord for giving me such a good wife and help mate. Ruth is wonderful!

No comments: